Yearly Archives: 2010
Karl Lagerfeld gives a contemporary spin to the opulence of Byzantine culture. The predominant materials are tweeds woven with gold thread, textured knits, and silk. All of the materials are heavily embroidered to resemble ancient mosaics. Accessories, from bangles and earrings, to headpieces and necklaces, are intricate with gold, glass beads, precious stones, and filigree gilt. Lavish over the knee boots and sandals, smaller handbags, red eyeliner for make up, and updo hairstyles complete the looks.
I truly enjoy this collection not only because it is beautiful but also because it reminds me of my own culture and history.
Source: vogue.com – Photos: courtesy of Chanel
Who would have known that shopping soiree on wheels could be so much fun? The experience with Chic Boutique Tour, owned and operated by the lovely Rosalynn Wilson, is not your average shopping experience. In the span of five hours, we had the pleasure to visit five of the best Atlanta boutiques and stores, enjoy a variety of noshes and cocktails, socialize and network, watch a movie, take a break between shopping locations, and make new friends.
Here is why you should experience the Chic Boutique Tour for yourself:
– It addresses the needs of ladies of all shapes, tastes, sizes, level of addiction (spend a whole check vs a portion of it), fetish (shoes vs garments)
– You literally get pampered – you get to relax during a lavish executive bus ride around Atlanta, enjoy a movie and a great food and drink service by the gorgeous male staff of Chic Boutique Tour.
– You get to shop at a 20% discount in all of the participating boutiques
– A number of giveaways will keep you on your toes through the whole trip. Some of the fashionistas on our tour will indulge in a one-hour message from Message Envy, a free Shop Your Closet service from A Clothes Encounter, a free pedicure from Pampered Nail and Body Spa…
– We also had a professional stylist, the talented Kaira Akita with A Clothes Encounter, give us advice on the latest trends and styles.
The Tour ended with a wine tasting session at the Wine Shoe store. I had the pleasure to visit this store a couple of months ago and was excited to go back and replenish my wine supply. This time, I chose a red wine – Italo Cescon Pinot Nero Veneto.
I can’t wait for the next tour and I hope it coincides with my mom’s visit to the US.
|Pampered Nail and Body Spa|
|High Lace up Boots at Off Broadway Shoes|
|Furry Boots at Off Broadway Shoes|
|Military Inspired Cardigan at Coposhi|
|Kaira Akita, Patty Davis, Rosalynn Wilson (the owner of Chic Boutique)|
|The fabulous E. Maxine with In a Fabulous World|