Monthly Archives: August 2011
I am so excited to share with you some of the results of my collaboration with Taneisha and Al at PhotographyWithTK.com. They are both very talented and extremely professional to work with. They had some great ideas and unique locations for me. Here is Part I of the photo session. Don’t you wish to have Taneisha and Al in your town? Meanwhile, say hello to my new Kate Spade “spectacles“.
“MAMBO. A little bit of this. JAMBO. A whole lotta that.” A little bit of live latin music, mohitos, and summer Cuban ambiance. A whole lotta of delisions food, loving and pictures. When? Last Saturday. With whom? My better half. Where? Mambo Jambo – A Nuevo Latino Seafood Cafe.
This dress from Express has a smocked waist (under the belt) and is my new favorite.
Dress – Express
Belt – Armani Exchange
Shoes – ALDO
Jewelry – Charming Charlie
|Flan – almost as good as mine 🙂|
|Lechon Asada (Pork)|
The new piece in this outfit is the silk top. I have to say the material feels great on the skin. It makes me feel both chic and feminine. I decided to wear my hair up for two reasons:
1) The color of the shirt sort of blends with my hair
2) This shirt has the most gorgeous sleeves and shoulder straps detail.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I know I will …
Top – Cecico
Jeans – Michael Kors from TJ Maxx
Purse – Fab’rik
Shoes – Antonio Melani for Dillards
Jewelry – Talbots, Ann Taylor
I headed for Express this weekend to purchase the top below in the typical colors of brown, white and beige. They were sold out so I ended up with the blue and black version. What do you think? Was it a good decision?
Jeans – Guess
Purse – Coach
Bracelets – Talbots, Ann Taylor
Have you ever reached the point where you had to go over a mountain of clothes to get to a certain shirt you wanted to wear? Or have you ever taken 20 minutes to find a piece of clothing in your closet?
Well, I have experienced both a few times so I decided to give my closet a makeover. Here are the steps I took to make my life so much easier:
1) Set your time – I decided to devote at least 3 hours of my day to do this reorganization. If anyone thinks it will take less than that, you will be in for a big surprise.
|COACH Bracelet Watch|
2) Think ahead about all the supplies you may need in this endeavor – hangers for clothes and belts, shoe racks, boxes, etc.
3) Next, I relocated all my out of season clothes to another closet.
4) I organized similar items and colors together. For example, all shirts are arranged in one section by colors light to dark. I also separated formal from casual clothing. You may want to separate business from casual attire as well but my business and casual attire is currently the same.
5) I organized my shoes by color and I boxed out of season shoes.
6) I hung all my belts so I can see them.
7) I boxed my less used purses.
Popular recommendation is to donate or sell all clothes that you have not worn in six months. As a fashion blogger, I look at my clothes with a renewed potential so I don’t follow this rule.
Thank you for taking a tour of my closet. If you have any closet makeover tips that work for you, please do share.