Monthly Archives: September 2012
Once again, I prove that my word is unreliable. After swearing off that I would never do that to myself (wear a trend that looks unflattering on me), I finally gave in to the wave of cropped pants that has flooded the stores. Of course, a little inspiration from Kate Moss has helped 🙂
Maybe my dislike of cropped pants stems from my like of Victorian fashion when bare ankles were not allowed. Or just maybe because they tend to make your silhouette look shorter. Luckily, there are ways to compensate for that and use it to your advantage:
1) In my opinion, the most elegant shoe for cropped pants are pointy-toe platforms with deep plunge that elongate your legs. However, pointy-toe shoes are not fancied by all, so any pumps would do. What a better way to show off your new pair of heels, right?
2) As with every piece of clothing, anything that ends at the widest part of the body, looks unflattering. So don’t select pants that end at the widest part of your calves – just above the ankle would be perfect.
3) I do prefer cropped pants with tapered hems as they seamlessly follow the vertical direction of your legs. Flared bottoms, on the other hand, make it look like your legs end where the hems end. To complete the look, tucking in your shirt would add a few instant vertical inches.
Please remember, these 3 little points would not give you Gisele’s legs and you still would need to rely on your aesthetic eye. But at least, it does not sound as scary to try, right?
Button up shirt – Ann Taylor (old)
Cropped/Capri Pants – ZARA
Pointy-toe Shoes – Jean-Michel Kazabat (old)
Have you had the chance to admire Balmain’s Fall 2012 collection? Let me give you a clue – pearls, gem-adorned and lavish fabrics,rich embellishments and embroidery. Couple of years ago we had the chance to enjoy the unforgettable Keira Knightly in Chanel Couture. The good news now is that Ali Baba’s Treasure is within reach for us as well with ZARA’s current collection. If you like to dive in the world of fairy tales with ZARA’s pieces, please be aware:
1) You may need help putting them on due to their delicate nature
2) Using a seatbelt in this case is not recommended in the name of fashion (unless you prefer to share your car seat with a number of “pearls”)
3) By wearing pearls, you may experience the “I’m feeling richer” effect (like the lady from the “Straight Talk” commercial)
4) And last, but not the least, be aware : you will feel beautiful.
Although ZARA is not the quality you may expect from Chanel and Balmain, I am glad that there is an affordable brand that may make us feel like stars for a moment 🙂
Pearl Top – ZARA
Pants – ZARA
Shoes – Gianni Bini
With fall almost here, I would have to bid adieu to one of the coolest colors there is: mint. It is hard for me to not wear mint from head to toe and to keep it in small doses. Although considered a cool color, if mint is your favorite color, it means you are modest, insightful and kind-hearted. Wait, you are these things but mint is not your favorite? LOL. Do you believe in meanings of colors?
Linen/Cotton Mint Jacket – ZARA
Skirt – Ann Taylor
Shoes – Ann Taylor
Purse – Michael Kors (borrowed from mommy)
After a vacation with my family, I am happy to be back to my blog and you, my dearest. In the next couple of posts, I will visually share my travel experiences in the wonderland of Bulgaria.
As some of you may know, I derive from an old Thracian (or Slavic) clan, or in other words I am Bulgarian. Tucked in Southeastern Europe, since the 600’s Bulgaria has been a crossroad for diverse civilizations, cultures, and historical events. As you can see from the pictures below, in addition to a rich history and customs, Bulgaria has breathtaking landscapes. I hope you have the opportunity to visit Bulgaria in your trips to Eastern Europe.
This past weekend we celebrated my friend Nadia’s BIG 30th at a local restaurant called Serpas. If you ever get lost in Atlanta, please make sure to try their Jumbo Sea Scallops or their challenging-at-first glance hamburger. The event was an amazing celebration of achievements, dreams, enjoying life, and appreciation of friends and family. It was also an occasion for all of us to look fabulous, especially for my girlfriends in their Karen Millen numbers.
I wanted to write something about most popular gifts for girlfriends but I realized that there is a wide range based on budget. It usually happens that my gift giving creative juices run dry and I always project my desires on my friend’s presents. That is why they usually end up with clothes, shoes, jewelry, and fragrances. What is you fallback gift for girlfriends?
Dress – asos.com
Shoes – ALDO
Sunglasses – Kate Spade